Post by solidbatman on May 6, 2011 19:14:35 GMT -5
Honorable Mention- Gran Turismo 4 My friends called me crazy; told me I couldn't do it. I proved them wrong. I completed the 24 hour race. Just three to go. Oh, the rest of the game is pretty awesome too. Great visuals, nice sound track, realistic driving, and challenging races. Just a great game overall.
Honorable Mention- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty So what if the story doesn't make sense, or the main character is a very girly man, or Snake is next to useless, the game is still fun. Anyway, stuffing people into lockers and waiting for their friends to open them is always entertaining.
10. Xenosaga Episode III The epic saga concludes. It ends too quickly, but it still explains many of the Xenosaga universe's mystery's. An ending 400 years in the making. It's not the #1 because it's not the best game ever, but it is the most fun game I've ever played.
9. Xenosaga Episode I It's so confusing, it works. Not for the meek or weak as this game tests your brains and endurance.
8. Rogue Galaxy It's nice to play an RPG that doesn't blow your brains out with a crazy complex story or stress you out for being too difficult. Rogue Galaxy is an easy to learn game with a low degree of difficulty. It's not too easy, but after games like Personas 3 and 4 and the Xenosagas, it's nice to play a relaxing and fun RPG.
7. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal Give a Lombax a gun and this is what happens. An evil robot tries to turn all the "squishies", aka anything living, into robots. Add in a memorable cast, plenty more guns, and incredible action- platforming game play and you've got yourself an extremely enjoyable game. It's so good, I've beaten 5 times now. Seriously!
6. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time An incredible RPG. A wonderful story, engaging characters, item creation, and a crazy cool battle system; this game is a gem. If you haven't heard of it, well you must not be cool (like I am).
5. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Everything that was wrong with Snake Eater has been fixed. Better camera system, more camo options, extra missions, and cut scene theaters, this edition is the one to buy, if you can find it that is.
4. Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4 fixes Resident Evil. Crappy controls? Fixed. Stupid save ribbons? Fixed. Scary? Ok, maybe this game is more action than horror, but being chased by a chain saw wielding zombie does get your heart pumping.
3. Shin Magami Tensei Persona 4 A stunning and quite funny game with a good story to boot. While it isn't as good as it's older brother (P3F, I liked the story much better) it still is better than many games I've played. Chie's kung fu and Teddie's, well, just Teddie in general adds to the majesty of this thrilling mystery.
2. Shin Magami Tensei Persona 3: FES One of the few games I want to play again. The story was amazing, game play was even better, and level grinding has never been more fun. Don't forget to make friends and fuse Personas. A great RPG/High school Sim.
1. Final Fantasy X This game holds the record as the only game to make me tear up when I finished. The story has so many twists and turns, the battle system is easy to learn, Blitzball is the second greatest thing ever (sliced bread is #1), and plenty of humor thrown in (Lulu is a downer though). Many people believe this is the best game ever, and I agree.